Equisol Prime

$29.70$335.50 inc GST

Equisol Prime is a product that either prepares new and unseasoned timber for coating or removes old oil coatings.

For the best start in treating your exterior timber, use Equisol Prime – a specialized formula that removes tannins, mill glaze and oils. This formula is perfect for preparing new timber for coating or removing old oil coatings from existing timber. Once you’ve used Equisol Prime, follow up with Equisol Vitalise to neutralize and brighten the wood, making it ready for coating.

Where to use: Equisol Prime is suitable for new exterior timber, including decking, pergolas, garden furniture, fences, gates, weatherboards, trims, and soffits. It is not suitable for stripping paint or polyurethane film coatings from timber.

Clean up: Water
Sizes available: 1L, 4L, 20L
Coverage: 20m2 per litre when diluted
SKU: N/A Category:



Sweep the deck and rinse it with water. Protect areas that should not be cleaned. Mask-painted surfaces since Equisol Prime can damage the paint and cause corrosion on metals. Use Equisol Null to remove mold before using Equisol Prime.


Wear protective gloves and goggles. To prepare the solution, mix ONE part of Equisol Prime with FOUR parts of water in a clean plastic container and stir well. Apply the mixture to the timber with a stiff bristle brush, scrubbing lightly to ensure good penetration. Leave it for around 30 minutes, making sure the wood remains wet. Do not let the surface dry. Finally, rinse off the mixture thoroughly with a high-pressure water cleaner.

Safety Directions

It is harmful if swallowed and in contact with the skin.

Causes allergic skin reaction. Causes severe eye irritation. Toxic to aquatic life.

Avoid breathing mist, vapours or spray. Wear protective clothing, gloves, eye/face protection and suitable respirator as required. Wash hands, face and all exposed skin thoroughly after handling. Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Contaminated clothing should not be allowed out of the workplace and should be washed before re-use. Store in a closed container, well-ventilated place and away from oxidizing agents and foodstuffs. Do not empty into drains.

First Aid: If poisoning occurs, contact a doctor or Poisons Information Centre (Phone Australia 13 11 26; New Zealand 0800 764 766). If medical advice is needed, have a product container or label.

Swallowed: If swallowed, rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting. Give a glass of water. Immediately call a POISON CENTRE or doctor.

Eye: Hold eyes open, flush with running water for at least 15 minutes and see a doctor.

Skin: If skin or hair contact occurs, immediately remove any contaminated clothing and wash skin and hair thoroughly with running water. If swelling, redness, blistering or irritation occurs, seek medical assistance.

Inhaled: Remove the patient from the contaminated area to avoid becoming a casualty. Allow the patient to be in the most comfortable position and keep warm. If the patient is not breathing, apply artificial respiration. Seek medical advice.

For Fire: If you are involved in a fire, use water, fog, foam, or dry agents. Avoid breathing products of combustion.

For Spills: Clear the area of all unprotected personnel. When spilled, it can be slippery. Wear protective equipment. Absorb the spill with sand or soil. Collect and seal in properly labelled drums. Dispose of the contents/containers in accordance with local regulations.

Disposal: Do NOT pour leftover product down the drain. Keep unwanted products in sealed containers for disposal via chemical waste collections.